Tomb Raider 3 Movie... No? Yes?

• Really? i havent heard anything :( i just found it on a angie site i'm a member on

• :-? no, i'm serious i think angie is going to do a 3rd, apparently she is on the verge of signing the contracts but she isnt going to do anything until shiloh is a bit older.

• true. i thought the 1st 1 was good but wasnt excellent. I thought angie enjoyed it but it didnt have that acting consistency. i mean if you look at the bit where shes killed simon in the 1st 5 mins, her speech isnt flowing, you can tell shes thinking about how shes saying her lines. Well maybe thats just me cause i nit pick lol [hehe]. But the storyline has to be more intriguing and MUST be aimed at a larger variety of audiences. All you see in the tv listings is "appealing to teenage boys".

Original von DarkestAngel
    But lara's speech did improve in the cradle of life.

I agree. The only thing they now should do is pick a decent outfit for a change and we might actually have a Lara. [hehe]

We still have to talk about the story though. I mean, come on (whoever might be in charge of a next movie), look at the Bond movies, look at Indiana Jones or the mummy... and learn...

Original von Masterofdesaster
    Well i cant tell about the speech cos i only know the german version

this was actually one time, where I almost liked the dubbed version, because they took the same voice actress as for the games (at least since tr4). She knew what she was saying. [hehe]

• ^^exactly its shameful how bad the stories were [hehe] i think there needs to be a sense of purpose or desperation behind and adventure... not just saving the world before bedtime. I think something along the lines of legend would work but thats just what i think.

• I know there IS going to be one, but i also have a fan of TR in my class who say's he's seen TR movie preview's and information about who is goign to play each character.
    and he said Jody Foster is goign to be Amanda Evert and i forgot who he said ws going to be Alister.
    If any of you have any info. please post here for other member's and so i can tell if what he's saying is true!

• Your friend's pulling your leg and is acting like a know-it-all. There's been confirmation for a third Tomb Raider movie, but all we know is that Angelina Jolie will not be returning to play Lara. She dismissed the role as she felt there wasn't a need to make a third. We do not know any other characters in the film or the actors/actresses to play them as they have not yet been confirmed. However, Jodie Foster for Amanda would not be a bad choice at all.

There's been a lot of articles floating about, a lot of them look like they were made up by some random fan--every article on websites other than the official say that Angelina is returning and she's excited to do it. Those articles are dated back to 2007--Angelina already said after the second movie she wasn't interested in doing another. Bit of a contradictory situation, yeah? My, the wonders of the creative mind. Creative, yes. Logical, no; referring to the creators of those absurd articles.

I doubt we'll see another Tomb Raider movie though. We received confirmation for a third about three years ago. If they were serious about making one, we would have caught glimpse of it by now. I for one don't feel a need for another movie, especially one that covers the story of Legend/Underworld. I've had enough of that storyline as did a lot of TR fans and I doubt making a movie regarding it would be the best move. If anything, the storyline should be completely new and original.