Bugs: Southern Mexico - The Midgard Serpent

• Anybody already this far?

I finally got into the Maya underworld, but I'm stuck there.

In the first room, there is a switch with a figurine on either side. The right one has its head missing. I presume this is why I can't move the swirch.

Going on (with the bike), I end at a drawbridge which is down. The sonar map shows it up.

There is no chance to cross the abyss which the bridge should span, neither by bike nor on foot. In the rooms between the switch and the abyss I can't find anything useful.

I even played the timed sequence to enter the underworld again to see if the timing extends to this drawbridge. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Any ideas?

• When you explore the first temple you come past, you find an item, I think this was the item you are missing, so you should do a little backtracking.

Still this should not stop you from continuing. I am not sure what you mean by drawbridge. There are several pits with ramps where you need to speed up the bike and jump across, at one (or was it two) pits, there is an alternative route at the side.

• Thanks for your answer.

There seems to be a misunderstanding.

I already found the two missing items for the two Maya calenders. If you finish both calenders, the ball game space opens up and you have to rush into it, ending underground at a pit (cut scene with Lara braking her bike and nearly toppling into the pit.

This is the point where I'm stuck. Continuing (into the direction your bike shows after the cutscene), you end at a pit with some logs angling down. The sonar map shows these logs angling UP.

What should I do?

Oh, and could you please change the title of this thread again? It shoud read: Southern Mexiko - The Midgard Serpent.

• You have to return to the first calendar, because the circles have moved for some reasons. Put them back in the correct direction and the entrance will open again. Drive as fast as you can to the middle of the stadium, because the "doors" close after some seconds.

Ah, you mean the bridges... You have to raise the last one. In the post below tombraidergirl sais how.

• If you finish both calenders, the ball game space opens up and you have to rush into it, ending underground at a pit (cut scene with Lara braking her bike and nearly toppling into the pit.

This is the point where I'm stuck. Continuing (into the direction your bike shows after the cutscene), you end at a pit with some logs angling down. The sonar map shows these logs angling UP.

What should I do?

Do you see the ledge at the wall besides the pit. This is some kind of trigger. You need to get there using the swing bar.

• Problem is, the swing bars and the ledge are on the other side of the pit. I saw this in one of the official Eidos videos, but I can't get to it. I have to cross the first pit first.

I found a rudimentary walkthrough at an other site which doesn't mention the fist pit. It just says 'be ready for a ramp', implying that the ramp should be UP.

Might this be a program glitch? If so, do you by any chance have a savegame with the ramp up?

• It's not a glitch. Jump to the lower bar. Climb on it. Head to the wall, jump to the wall and be fast jumping to the upper bar (which can't be reached from the lower one). From the upper bar you can jump to the bar at the other side of the pit, from where you can reach the trigger which raises the bridge.

(To bad I can't make screenshots)

• True, when you have this problem at the first pitch, the "lever" is not reachable.
    I have not saved there, but you could upload your savegame, maybe the glitch is not there for others or maybe I can figure out a way past.

• Looks bad. I have not found a way to the other side. Nasty bug. I hope it's gone when you get there again.

I don't really have a fitting savegame for you, especially since secrets seem to be stored within this savegame and this would change everything for you.

• BTW I have put your message in a spoiler, if I had not found the relic yet, you would have spoiled me.

• Thank you, I've got it. It wasn't really hard, I should have looked better. And I'm sorry, next time I'll put these things in spoilers.

Unfortunately, even playing Thailand, Croft Manor, and the first part of Mexiko again didn't resolve the glitch (or whatever it is). I think I'll have to install again and start from scratch.

Since I now have most of the treasures and relics, could you pleeeeease upload a savegame for me? I really don't want to start all over again now.

• Hello. I've been through the game , figuring out the riddles so far. Problem is i've reached this part of the Southern Mexico chapter where the cave is filled with acid or w/e. At one point, not knowing what to do, i pulled the ring holding Thor's Shield to a side. After that, i finally found the way to get down there. Problem is , i got to the part where the shield came in, and since it 's moved, i keep falling in the acid when trying to swing to the other side. Of course, there is no way back, you can't reach the ledge you came from nor jump far enough to reach your destination. I tried several things , including performing a stunt in order to get hooked to the ring on the shield. Problem is , it's not helping at all, i can't swing to my destination nor pull it in its normal position. (not to mention how hard it is to get hooked on it). Since the game uses the checkpoint autosave feature i didnt use more than one save and unfortunately, the part where i saved was when it was too late to go back and fix things.Therefore i need either a savegame from that area or a noclip cheat i figure.

Tech support pls!

Thanks

NeoExcidious

• I cannot supply you with a savegame at the moment, but someoneelse encountered a bug in Mexico earlier today and another savegame was uploaded from the beginning of the Midgard Serpent level (which by the way I have the feeling you already left, if I understand your description correctly)... anyway, if you'd like to check it out, it can be found within the following posting:
    Mexico - The Midgard Serpent

Good luck, or maybe tomorrow someone can help with a more appropriate save.

• finally the problem wasn't the pulling of the ramp but the fact that you need to make the jump from the first swing, otherwise she will never reach the other side. Nevertheless, I needed the save you provided because while trying to figure out what's going on i read a walkthrough and realized i had not picked up the skeleton head and i had no way of going back to it from the point i was at. Moving on now :)

thx again

NX