Funniest moments in Tomb Raider series?

• I was just thinking about things in the Tomb Raider series that make me laugh...not the intentionally funny stuff, but the (sometimes) campy dialogue and ridiculous things that happen in cut scenes!

Some of my favorites are:

Tomb Raider 2: Lara's general facial expressions when she's doing something bad ass like flying a plane or something. And the sound bytes that they use in game are used in the cut scenes as well haha.
    Tomb Raider Chronicles: The cut scene where a mid-teen Lara ALMOST takes her top off. The scene was just soooo awkward and clunky that it was laughable.
    Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness: The hilarious scene where Lara can get shot if you say the wrong thing. As if she were dumb enough to just get shot on the spot for saying something stupid.
    Tomb Raider Underworld: Bhogovati, Thailand. If you wear a swimsuit instead of the jungle outfits, she buckles invisible straps in the very first cut scene.

What did you find humorous about any thing in the series?

:winki:

• Well, these are the ones I can think of at the moment:

• Zip's attitude and the way he was like a true sidekick in Chronicles. His comments and dialogue...
    • And this second one is about Zip too. In Legend, the dialogue about the PDA device, how it wouldn't work if Lara ate it or something. I was like "Whaat?! Why would she do so?" I still wonder what's it about...
    • A bug in Thailand, TRU: one of the Nagas was upside-down!
    • A bug in The Last Revelation: I had saved it in a spot where Lara was sitting in her jeep. But when loaded it, the jeep was sort of under the 'floor' of the level. Well, I got the jeep out, but Lara was nowhere. So I keep driving the jeep, without Lara (I can hear her grunts and she takes damage while hitting walls, etc.), the steering wheel just keeps turning alone.

:rofl

• In Legend, the dialogue about the PDA device, how it wouldn't work if Lara ate it or something. I was like "Whaat?! Why would she do so?" I still wonder what's it about...

Slightly off topic: *throws hand up in the air* Here, Here, I know, I know.
    The joke here is a bit too far fetched to get it right away. Would have been funny, otherwise.
    There is this old saying that you should not go swimming for (in this case:) at least an hour when you've eaten. So she can go swimming with her PDA, as it is waterproof, but not when she eats it, because it's bad for the tummy.

• Slightly off topic: *throws hand up in the air* Here, Here, I know, I know.
    The joke here is a bit too far fetched to get it right away. Would have been funny, otherwise.
    There is this old saying that you should not go swimming for (in this case:) at least an hour when you've eaten. So she can go swimming with her PDA, as it is waterproof, but not when she eats it, because it's bad for the tummy.

Thanks for explaining. And indeed, a bit too far fetched. [hehe]

Tomb Raider Chronicles: The cut scene where a mid-teen Lara ALMOST takes her top off. The scene was just soooo awkward and clunky that it was laughable.

Yep, I agree with you on that one.
    Another thing that came to my mind is Kurtis' animation in general in TRAoD, he maneuvers like a tank, which gave me a few good laughs! Occasionally, though, instead of making you laugh, it makes you want to cry...

• Another thing that came to my mind is Kurtis' animation in general in TRAoD, he maneuvers like a tank, which gave me a few good laughs! Occasionally, though, instead of making you laugh, it makes you want to cry...

Hahahaha yeah. It almost seems like he's slumping forward and forcing himself to run.

• And this second one is about Zip too. In Legend, the dialogue about the PDA device, how it wouldn't work if Lara ate it or something. I was like "Whaat?! Why would she do so?" I still wonder what's it about...

Zip was talking about the fact that you have to wait an hour after eating to go swimming. As I recall, he said she could swim with it no problem, then added the comment about eating it. It was a joke he made. I thought it was quite funny, too. :rofl

My sentence has a heart, every argument you make for the rest of your life is invalid. ♥

• I think Legend was the funniest TR by far. There are so many silly little jokes in it I couldn't stop smiling when I played it last time. I especially like "the evil coat rack empire"! :D And I say "patience and persistence" all the time...