Tomb of Ancients

• If you need any more help after this ,,Well there is none.. lol GROUND LEVEL/TOMBS: There are 2 guard dogs patrolling down here. They are triggered differently depending on which way you enter, so keep that gun handy or make your way around on top of the crypts. There's a small medipak behind some shrubs to the right of the wooden door at one end of the graveyard. (This is where you enter if you come past the doorman.) At the other end of the area, near the metal gate, you'll find some bandages behind the tombs on the right.
    Find the two tall mausoleums opposite each other on the path near the bend in the L-shaped area. Lara can't reach the tops of these, but she can climb onto the smaller mausoleum next to one of the tall ones and jump from there to the taller one. Then, from the top of the first tall mausoleum, take a running jump across the path to the top of the other. Walk to the back of it and jump to grab the vine-covered ledge. Pull up.
    In the PC version at least, you lose control of the camera. Activate walk mode and go to the left to get a chocolate bar. Return to the ledge above the tall mausoleum. You'll have to estimate since you can't really see it. Face the mausoleum, take a few steps back from the edge and jump forward to land on top of the mausoleum. From there, jump down into the fenced-in area to the left. There's a grave with a statue of an angel here.
    Bust down the door of the tomb for an upper-body strength upgrade. Pick up a Desert Ranger clip inside. If you don't care about getting all pick-ups, you can skip this next bit and go right to the exit.
    Now climb onto the roof of that tomb and jump back over the fence to the tall mausoleum roof. Drop to the ground and head for the corner, where you'll find another small, fenced-in area. Climb onto the roof of the adjacent tomb and, from there, jump over the fence. Break down the door of the tomb and pick up more Desert Ranger ammo and some bandages. (If you haven't already received the upper-body strength upgrade, above, Lara will tell you she's not strong enough to do this yet.) Climb on top of the tomb and jump over the fence.
    Return across the path and climb onto the smaller mausoleum next to the tall one. Jump across the path to the other tall mausoleum and from there into the enclosure with the angel statue.
    Climb up behind the angel statue and push it over to open the way into the tunnels. (You'll need the upper-body strength upgrade to do this as well.) Drop into the hole to enter the next level. Could you please let me know when you have read this so i can delete it Thanks Johnny

• hey its me, i havent been righting for a while, that is because i passed a lot of levels without needing help!!!..i am getting better. well i am kinda stuck on something here at The tomb of ancients, where i ahve to do that first jupm from the bridge to the ledge it doesnt work...i mean she just doesnt grab it!!!! what should i do.....?

• hi 8-)
    do you make the running jump or what? :einfall:
    make the running jump it works for me :-D
    if it dosnt work look up on TRG's site :wink:
    :-D

LARA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
    LARA: You might try to kill me
    Powell: I'm not going to kill you
    LARA: I said you try

• hey alina, long time no talk!
    I hope this is the right place of where you are.anyway to help you with this jump i have the official solution book in front of me and this is exactly what it says:
    before trying nay jumps remember to not at all jump to the other side of the bridge stay on the side where you came on.
    DESCENDING THE BRIDGE METHOD 1:
    the meathod involves vaulting over the balcony dropping past the ledge and gargoyle and landing on the rock platform below. youll half of your health bar.
    DESCENDING THE BRIDGE METHOD 2:
    try a running jump a couple of meters behind the balcony so you sail over it and land on the gargoyle. beware the chances of over jumping and slipping off the gargoyle are very high.
    DESCENDING THE BRIDGE METHOD 3:
    the simplest meathod is to get as close as possible to the doorway and vault over the balcony so you are falling next to the wall and then (hopefully) You will land on a lip of the ledge. dangle off the lip and drop down to the rock platform below.
    i nhave tried all of them and i have to say none of them are easy. i would advise you to save your game before you do any jumps.
    Good luck! :sun:

It's not the men that have the hard lives, it's the women who look after the artifacts!

• hey, i am not sure i entered the right forum but i am having trouble at level TUMB OF ANCIENTS where you need to get past the big room with shiny floor in 10 seconds, i get killed by the sords and all that stuff. HELP!!

• You have to find the exact moment where you have to jump over the spikes. Ignore the darts coming out of the wall. They might hurt you, but it will cost you too much time to avoid them. The imporant bit is that you run towards the spikes and when they come out: jump early to get over them. This might take a couple of tries. I'd recommend you save your game when you have made the first bit: but to a different slot of course, so maybe if you have done the first one right you can start from there, if you fail at the second trap.

• I didnt make it( to get the painting) but i am trying to get a save game froma another site and it doesnt work. I saved it in my computer in Drive c in save game of lara croft tumb raider and when i open my game its not there!!!! what should i do, tombraidergirl, do u have a savegame for red ghost at the first obscura painting???
    HELP!

• Hey can someone PLEASE help me. I have tried everything. I am in Tomb of Ancients and i'm so close to the end. My only problem is that I can't jump over the spikes. I have the PS2 version. Is there something wrong with my game. I can jump over the first set but then all of them get higher.

• It's difficult to help you there, especially on the PS2, as I cannot give you a savegame for it.

I don't remember if the second set of spikes is higher, but I do remember that they were a bit tricky and that the jumping wasn't easy.