Tomb Raider Underworld: General Questions

• And what's more, you can only pick the outfits they provide. Stupid, because in the launch trailer, they showed Lara in the Mediterranean Sea with her Winter Heavy outfit. I wouldn't have minded having the Jungle Heavy in Thailand.

• Hmm... I wished that there would have been more outfits... Oh well, you can't always get what you want....

Well, there'll always be mods, at least for PC users.

• So I'm getting a Wii for Chrimbo (YAY :happyjump ) and I was going to get TRU on it. But all the reviews say it's really rubbish. So I thought I'd get an opinion from you guys because you all obviously know best :D

Opinions?

• So I understand that not everyone will have it on Wii. Just pondering about what people have heard about it, that's all

I don't have a Wii either, but if you're searching on YouTube you'll find some comparisons between the different consoles.

I'm finding it really funny that - for example - in the opening cutscene (Med), where you see Zip and Alister moving on her laptop screen on PC, PS3 and 360, in the Wii version there are just pictures of them with their names on top instead. So there are some huge differences concerning the graphics... and the complexity of some puzzles has been changed, apparently. That's all I've seen or heard.

• So I understand that not everyone will have it on Wii. Just pondering about what people have heard about it, that's all

btw hope you all had a good christmas ^^

I got it for Christmas on Wii [hehe] What I can say is, that there are many grafical mistakes, and some parts are made very bad. The controle is very easy to learn, you have to do everything on your own, but the story is very good, the intersequences have a high quality.

• From the Andaman Sea cutscene I've seen, when the doppelgänger throws Amanda overboard, she falls through the glass and hits the floor (obviously, she can still be alive). On Xbox 360 and PS3, Amanda hits part of the wall and tumbles down, and the way she hit it looks like it was hard enough to kill her, which I think is what they tried to accomplish and then surprise us with her return in Helheim, saving Lara.

Speaking of Helheim, when the doppelganger knocked Mjolnir out of Lara's hands, why didn't Natla take it, that way Lara couldn't use it? Hmm...

• Speaking of Helheim, when the doppelganger knocked Mjolnir out of Lara's hands, why didn't Natla take it, that way Lara couldn't use it? Hmm...

Probably, because she thought that the doppelganger would finish Lara, and she didn't think that Amanda would arrive and save Lara.

• Probably, because she thought that the doppelganger would finish Lara, and she didn't think that Amanda would arrive and save Lara.

Thats plausible, as just about all 'bad guys' in games, films and books etc are blinded by their own arrogance and perception of events. Although, one would think that after being thwarted before, she wouldn't give Lara any means to potentially do so once again.

• That, and most of the time in fictional pieces of entertainment, the villains never seem to do anything to help themselves because the heroes always need to come out on top in the end. I mean, other than the movie Crank with Jason Statham, when was the last time you saw the protagonist become thwarted in the end by his/her enemy?

• I mean, other than the movie Crank with Jason Statham, when was the last time you saw the protagonist become thwarted in the end by his/her enemy?

Possibly in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, but as it is a prequel and is tied down by canon, it doesn't count. I think that we are unlikely to see such a thing happen as developers of the past have essentially written a set of laws forbidding it, because they may have some misaprehension that it may inspire an audience to follow the 'bad guy's' lead. I really do wonder about these people, they've just lost sight about what is important. Say they did kill off the protagonist of a game, at least they would get the public riled up about it. Take Aerith, another Final Fantasy VII character. Despite being arguably the most popular character aside from Cloud, she was killed by Sephiroth -another fan favourite. There was uproar about it, but Final Fantasy VII is and remains the most popular (and my favourite) of the franchise based on game units sold. I think CD and company tried to replicate it somehow in TRU, when they killed off Alister.

• how do you shoot in wii?

BTW: Natla did probably not take it because she couldn't without Thors gauntlets and belt.