Why couldn't you be a Tomb Raider?

• Idea borrowed from Planet Lara ;-)
    Not entirely sure where to put this thread, to the powers that be, feel free to move it to a more suibable location if you see fit :-) .

The title explains itself, really. Tell me why you couldn't share Lara's occupation.

Well. Regardless of the fact I'm rather active and enjoy rock climbing and swimming... well sports,

I couldn't be a Tomb Raider because...
    -I'm superficial in the sense that I care what my makeup and hair looks like.
    -I couldn't kill animals, even if they were trying to kill me.
    -I get scared senseless and panic when something suprises me, when things leap out from no-where.
    -Chances are I'd drop my guns or something because I'm v. clumsy [hehe] I'm a danger to myself never mind others.

• Hey! Cool thread!

I couldn't be a Tomb Raider because -
    - I'm not that flexible (stuff breaks rather than bending ;-)) and I don't have a fitness level that high.
    - I don't have the finances available to fly around the world.
    - I prefer to leave archaeological places of interest standing after leaving.
    - I don't like being shot at

• Fantastic idea for a thread!

I couldn't fill Lara's shoes because:

-I'm not that flexible either
    -I get scared a little too easily sometimes, especially in strange places where I'm alone
    -I can't climb to save my life. I would not be able to free climb on cliffs like in the opening of Legend
    -I don't have the money to fly all over the world, especially whilst my parents are paying mortgage on our house

• - I prefer to leave archaeological places of interest standing after leaving.

Hehe thats a good point.
    And tyvm, although I can't take credit for the idea of this thread as it was someone else's idea.

Another reason of course would be that I'm not one for coming out with an intelligent phrase after defeating someone, it usually comes when I'm walking away hehe.

• 1. I couldn't kill an animal/human. Even if it was a bear charging at me I just wouldn't be able to take those pistols out and take it down. I'd get far too emotional.

2. I get scared easily, especially in tight places. I'm pretty claustrophobic.

3. I'm afraid of heights.

4. I don't like blades spinning or snapping at me!!

5. I've died a thousand times in the games...There's no do overs in real life :wacko:

IDK how Lara does it!

• Well I couldn't be a tomb raider because...
    1. My boss wouldn't give me sufficient time off to jet over to egypt or peru etc..to raid some tombs.
    2. Couldn't afford it anyway..
    3. I'm a lousy shot ;(
    4. Even though I did some mountain climbing in Austria, Switzerland and Germany I never could do free climbing . I'd be s..t-scared that I might fall.
    5. I'm not good at diving either and I do not like to encounter that :shark .

• 1. I'm as athletic as a tomato.
    2. I can't use a gun.
    3. I could not kill any animals or people.
    4. I suck at remembering where what was.
    5. I am, unlike Lara, not revivable.
    6. I would always miss my dog in the catacombs/tombs/pyramids...
    7. I would also miss my Japanese dictionaries.
    8. I can't read hieroglyphs.
    9. I can't dive for long enough.
    10. I need 10 minutes of acclimatising to any water temperature below 22°C.

• - I prefer to leave archaeological places of interest standing after leaving.

1. Full acknowledge :D
    2. Of course I'd never be able to jump'n'run all the time without passing out.
    3. I couldn't climb on all these ridiculously high platforms without missing them / falling down / dying somehow.
    4. I know how to use pistols, but it's so damn hard to pull the trigger over and over again. [hehe]
    5. If some weird creatures or entities appeared, I'd probably run away screaming (or die).
    6. I'm not used to running /climbing / driving around whole days without any possibility of sleeping / eating / drinking.
    7. I really hate diving without diving goggles because I can't stand opening my eyes under water :whistling:

• Why I couldn't be a TR:

1. No backflips. NEVER ^^
    2. I would insist on unlimited ammo
    3. don't wanna study THAT long
    4. don't have the money to travel the world and replace yachts, helicopters etc
    5. bandages don't heal... that's bad once yer clumsy ^^

:rope: WAHOOO!

• The only things I can do that Lara can are swan dives and the ability to handle handguns. That's exactly it.

• The only things I can do that Lara can are swan dives and the ability to handle handguns. That's exactly it.

Haha, well, Lara can also run and slow walk...Unless you're in a wheelchair or something, I'd guess you'd be able to do that too, haha. :cool

I don't even think I could swan dive >_<

• "Opening my eyes under water" is a good argument....

1. I could not open my eyes under water, as my contacts would probably flee often.
    2. I can not do back or side flips or (nice looking) handstands
    3. I can't hold my breath as long
    4. I could not shoot animals (maybe when Lara gets the tranquillizer gun in TRU...)
    5. I could not hold on to narrow ledges with my fingertips (although I am not so afraid of heights when I know that I can do it)
    6. I could not climb up a rope and jump from it (especially without gloves)

And I would always be afraid to ruin my clothes.

• where shall I begin ?

I could not open my eyes under water, as my contacts would probably flee often.

Same here!

1. I'm not very athletic
    2. I couldn't kill people or animals
    3. I get scared quite easily :o)
    4. I can't handle a gun
    5. I don't know much about archaeology

• I couldn't be a Tomb Raider because

- I am afraid of hights
    - I can't do handstands or cartwheels, which you need to be able to do in Underworld.
    - I am scared of spiders
    - Always need a TV closeby
    - I can't swim

The things that I and Lara has in common is an interest in ruins and archaeology. I am also quite flexible so I can do swan dives and I can climb up and swing from ropes, but I can't surport my weight with my arms.

Actually I was planning my DT project at school, where you have to do a movie, edit it, do credits. I was doing a TR film and I had to do a list of acrobatics I needed to learn, it was so long it is so :slapforehead